The ISC2 CISSP exam is schedule for August 7th in Kansas City. Usually the Kansas City area schedules this exam twice a year. Well it's that time, most people have been studying for a few months for this exam date and are now coming down to crunch time. Here are my 5 tips for success for the exam.
- In the last few weeks of studying you should be going over the questions on the CCCure Quizzer. You can either do the free questions or pay $39.99 for the 6 month subscription. The pay option is well worth it.
- Create a testing plan that will allow you time to take little breaks in between questions. You have 6 hours for the exam with no scheduled breaks and all breaks count against your test time. Using all of you allotted time is beneficial. Allowing yourself a 5 or 10 minute break after so many questions allows you to keep on schedule and not get behind or go to fast. Also remember to bring little snacks and something to drink which you can put in the back of the room during your breaks.
- Do not cram the night before. In fact put all of your studying aside and have a quiet evening doing something you enjoy. Go to bed early and get a good night's rest.
- The morning of the exam, don't drink a lot of caffeine and eat a little something for breakfast for energy. You do not want to waste too much time going to the restroom several times during the exam.
- Remember to bring your certification ticket and two forms of ID. You will not be allowed in with any of these items.
Good luck on the exam!
- Tom Pruett, Cisco & Security Expert; MCT, CTT+, CISSP, CWNA, CEH, CHFI, CCSI, CCNA, MCSE LinkIn with Tom